After far too much delay, I finally moved my website from my student webspace to an external server with a registered domain:

Over Christmas break, I started working on a website for my Spring 2012 English 1102 class. It was a perfect way for me to begin playing around with HTML and CSS.  Although I did use a Dreamweaver template as a base for the site, I pretty much stripped down the entire thing, wrote my own CSS stylesheet, and did most of the editing using code view.

I actually find code view easier to control and manipulate than the Dreamweaver’s WYSIWYG design view. I usually end up splitting the display between both the code and design views–just so I can see the changes I’m making in real time. I’m actually pleased with how the site turned out as a first-time attempt. It won’t be winning any awards, but it’s clean and simple. (And, knowing me, I’ll probably completely redesign each course’s website every semester… just because.)

Anyway, after playing around with the site for the past month or two (although I’ll admit I haven’t had time to do much with it since the semester began, other than edit the course schedule) I figured it was time to actually move it to a more permanent home than the GSU servers.

The landing page will hopefully grow over time as I add portfolio materials and dig a little deeper into web design. Right now it’s pretty basic, with just a brief bio, and tabs for my CV and Classes.

First two things on my to-do list:

  1. Figure out why I can’t get the Google Search bar to work
  2. Create and add a favicon

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s